Saturday, August 21, 2010

Big Hair...Easy, Right?

Every once in a while, Lily asks to wear "big hair." Most people think that when Lily wears her hair in an afro it is easier for both of us...think again!

First you take out the braids...

..and comb it out...

...30-45 minutes later, you get this!


Since she had her braids in for a week, it is time to wash her hair and condition it really well.

The conditioner is Lily's favorite part because she can feel her hair down her back and swish it from side to side!


Then it's more conditioner and oils...comb again...sometimes blow it out a little...

..and 'viola!'

Come tomorrow, we'll have to spray with oil/water, comb again and be on our way.

So, braids are waaaaay easier. Once they're in, they stay that way for a week or more with little maintenance. But, it's fun to see the afro every once in a while :)

3 comments:

The Rogers Family said...

Beautiful! What kind of comb/brush do you use to comb it out? We have an african american 2 year old boy and I have always kept his hair real short, but I am considering letting it grow out a little for fall and winter. you can e-mail me at: julietheloverly@yahoo.com

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I had no idea the "big hair" was so much work. I always thought Emily's hair took a lot of work, but I was wrong. Her hair is a piece of cake!

theber said...

Beautiful!

(Bethany Moore)